Our vision is to make carers visible, valued & supported throughout their caring journey and beyond
HONITON CARERS support all unpaid carers and ex-carers throughout their caring role and beyond
“No one understands a carer better than another carer.”
Who is a Carer?
Not sure if you are a carer?
Do you help a family member, child, friend or neighbour that:
• Is frail
• Has a disability or special needs
• Has a chronic illness and/or
• Has a mental illness
• Has dementia/Alzheimer’s
• Has a substance misuse problem with drugs or alcohol.
Do any of these statements apply to you?
• Is this help regular and ongoing?
• Does this help involve showering, toileting, dressing or other personal care?
• Does this help involve cleaning, cooking, shopping, transport and/or assistance with bills or other paperwork?
• Does this help involve medication or other health care?
• Would this person have difficulty managing on their own if you could not provide regular and ongoing support?
• Do you receive Carers Allowance or no payment at all?
If any of the above statements apply to you, we are here to help you.